MY LITTLE SECRET: GET INUIT

This band is my little secret. I have passed on their name to every indie connoisseur I know of: they press play unfamiliar, finish as a devoted fan completely love-struck. Now I’m passing their name onto you, because I’m sure, all of you with brilliant music taste, will believe me when I tell you Get Inuit are worth your time.


Credits to PRS for Music Foundation
Get Inuit are a four-piece band hailing from the sunny streets of Kent, who formed under the strangest circumstances in 2013. The songwriter for the band, Jamie Glass, crashed his car into a curb after leaving a Domino’s Pizza car park with future fellow bandmate Oliver Nunn. That was how they came to meet drummer Rob Simpson who arrived with a car jack and a spare wheel, only then to call Rob’s brother James when they had no idea what to do. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Get Inuit were formed in a Domino’s Pizza carpark.

Get Inuit are self-proclaimed players of “dirty indie guitar pop” – and is there a better way to describe it? The band’s vocals are reminiscent of Johnny Rotten’s iconic blaring sneer, with the tone of Slaves’ punk-style revival, all the while maintaining and indie pop similar to Two Door Cinema club, but bearing its teeth. Somehow they adapt their skillset to whatever they wish to be, and blur t
he lines between countless genres. There is an energy to their music that is too remarkable for their 558 Youtube subscribers and less than 10,000 monthly listeners on Spotify. Too brilliant to be unsigned.

The band have rubbed shoulders with the likes of Magic Gang, Spring Kings and VANT along the way, as well as being advocated by Annie Mac and Huw Stephens on Radio 1, who have been marked as Ones To Watch for 2016, as well as having every single one of their 11 songs so far released aired. They’ve been in good company.

With the most recent EP release, Teriyaki, teasing the release of their debut album that they have been working on since the start of 2016, I hope the sound of this band carries them far. Keep an eye out for Get Inuit – give them a listen and just… get into it.

(Remember to keep yourself in the loop with SOUNDCHECK for more posts about Get Inuit, and to discover more bands like this on the "My Little Secret" series.)

I made a little playlist for you all - so no excuses.




MY LITTLE SECRET: GET INUIT MY LITTLE SECRET: GET INUIT Reviewed by Unknown on 20:35 Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. Just a heads up, the lyric you have quoted in blue is actually from Teriyaki, not I Would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I wrote this quite late and made that picture myself. Thanks for letting me know, it'll be changed x

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.