PLAYLIST: CHRISTMAS ISN'T OVER... YET

Personally, I am that kind of person that completly pushes the thought of Christmas approaching aside for as long as possible, usually ending up in me sitting under the decorated Christmas Tree on Christmas Eve thinking: well damn, it's Christmas now, so what? Every sight of a festive feeling is missing, and honestly, with all the stress in school before the holidays it is no wonder as there is no time to get a little festive, at least not before it actually IS Christmas, so am I really to blame?

In addition to Christmas just completly throwing me out of a "wasn't it summer just yesterday?"-attitude, there comes the fact that there is kissing couples everywhere reminding me constantly how much better it is to cuddle with a pillow  when its cold instead of cuddling with a human being made of flesh and bone (I mean, can that really be cosy?) and then theres me panicing one day before Christmas about the not-yet existing Christmas presents, let alone that I really sucked at not even managing to bake biscuits twice this year.

I don't hate christmas, I really don't. But I hate the fact that there seems to be less and less time to actually get into the entire festive vibe around it, and that there is no time to really enjoy the "most beautiful time of the year" how Justin Bieber described it. Therefore, I put together this playlist of Christmas-approving and Christmas-disapproving songs (you'll understand why's that later on) for everybody that is lacking the festive feeling as well. There's The Wombats, Palma Violets, Weezer, Julian Casablancas and of course good old Elvis Presley, Queen and Paul McCartney on it, as well as some Ramones and Blink-182, so hopefully something for the likes of everyone. Let's see if you can get "last-minute festive" and feel free to pick your site on whether you love or despise Christmas, but remember, however you pick your site, Christmas isn't over... yet. But it will soon. And then you will be spared from hearing Wham! and Mariah Carey 70 times a day for at least the next 11 months.






PLAYLIST: CHRISTMAS ISN'T OVER... YET PLAYLIST: CHRISTMAS ISN'T OVER... YET Reviewed by Lina Friedrich on 16:08 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.